Friday, August 12, 2011

Changing the Look of Your Scrapbook Album



My scrapbook album when it was new was like this :




then after a month it was like this :


and then the paper flowers on the cover gets torn overtime, so I decided not to put paper embellishments outside the album. And then, this is how it looks now :



I think it's perfect, for now. I like that it looks vintage and simple.

Here is a quick tutorial on how to make this album.
First you need: a 12x12 scrapbook album, fabric, glue, fabric and 4x6 photo.
 I choose denim because it is the only plain fabric I have and it's hard to get torn.


Step 1: Get your fabric. Here's mine. An old clothes that I no longer use. Put it around your album and cut.




Step 2: Cover the album just like how you would cover a book.
















Step 3: Get some fabric that you want to decorate and some fabric flowers too. Place it on the album however you like.

flowers, net fabric, and a printed gathered fabric.
before gluing make sure that's how you want it to look like
add some lace on the other side



Make your own picture frame from a piece of cardboard and put a slit on the side. you dont want to glue your picture on the frame in case you want to change it later.


My finished baby scrapbook album. 




3 comments:

  1. WHat a very nice album! I wish I could make something like this in a very short time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just made an album for my cuzins baby shower, but im gonna make another one just like this but smaller ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. u are so creative girly! kept it up.

    ReplyDelete

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed